Although we try to provide uninterrupted services, circumstances beyond our control can cause power failures or water loss.
It is important for the City of Mascoutah to be informed when electrical or water services are interrupted. Please call us at (618) 566-2964 x 502 during office hours or (618) 566-2963 after hours if your services have been interrupted or have questions when outages do occur. Our highly trained personnel will make every effort to restore your utility service as quickly and safely as possible.
If there is a power outage, answers to the following questions will aid us in determining the cause of the interruption:
- Is there no power or partial power?
- Do neighbors have full power, partial power, or no power?
- Have circuit breakers/fuses been checked? Sometimes, meter sockets or pedestals may also contain breakers. Turn breaker off and then on to reset, or replace blown fuse.
- Is there arcing or sparking on the wires?
- Had lights been flickering before going out?
- Does the outage include a downed wire or a safety hazard condition? A safety hazard is a condition that poses an immediate risk to the public, and can include:
- Downed wires that may be sparking or near water
- Downed poles
- Trees that have fallen on power lines
Your safety is important to us. Stay away from all power lines. Assume they are live and dangerous!
Your help in providing us with the details will aid us in restoring your service quickly.