Yard Waste Drop Off Site

City Yard Waste Drop-off Site located at 511 South 10th Street.
The primary purpose and usage of the facility is for leaf and wood waste generated on properties within the corporate limits of the City of Mascoutah.  The facility will be accessible by use of an access card every day from dawn to dusk, unless otherwise posted due to maintenance or weather related issues.

FAQ's about the facility:

How do I obtain an access card?  You can get an access card by filling out the enclosed application form and bringing it to the City Hall Administration Office with a twenty five dollar ($25.00) application fee, Monday thru Friday between 8 am and 4 pm.  The application fee can be paid by cash, check or credit card.

How long is the access card usage period?  The access card will provide access to the facility from March 1 to the last day in February the following year.  Each year you will need to renew your card for the next twelve month period.  A reminder letter will be mailed at the beginning of each year.

What happens if I lose my access card?  You can get a replacement card at the City Hall Administration Office.  A replacement fee of $10.00 will be charged.

What items are permitted to be dropped off?  Following is the list of items that are permitted to be dropped off:

Compostable ItemsTree and Wood Material
Flower trimmingsShrubbery trimmings
Garden trimmingsTree trimmings
Grass clippingsTree limbs no longer than 10' in length
 Christmas trees free of all ornaments
Yard waste dropped off at the facility must be placed in proper designated areas.
What items are NOT permitted to be dropped off?  Following is the list of items that are NOT permitted to be dropped off:
  • Bags of any type
  • Tree stumps
  • Plastic pots
  • Trash or garbage
  • Construction or demolition waste
  • Painted, pressure treated wood, railroad ties or landscaping timbers
  • Sod, dirt or rocks
  • Wood chips
  • Manufactured materials of any type
What happens if I do not follow the Rules and Regulations for the facility?  Unacceptable uses of the facility include, but are not limited to, the following:
  • Use of your access card by someone not of your property
  • Dropping off of any items not permitted at the facility
  • Damage to gates, signs, or any other property at the facility
  • Failure to place permitted items in proper designated areas
Any person who violates any of the provisions of the rules and regulations can and shall, be fined a minimum of $75.00.  Continued unacceptable use of the facility will result in loss of access to the facility for the remainder of the twelve month period or beyond.

If I use a commercial landscaper or yard maintenance service on my property, can they use the facility?  No, commercial landscapers and yard maintenance service providers are not permitted to use the facility.

Can Commercial, Institutional or Industrial property owners located within the City of Mascoutah use the facility?  Yes, as long as they are only dropping off yard waste items generated on the commercial, institutional or industrial property that was granted an access card.

Can non-residents use the facility?  No, non-residents are not permitted to use the facility.    

These rules and regulations are necessary to insure the long term viability of the facility.  Please contact the City Hall Administration Office at (618) 566-2964 x501 with any questions.