The 2nd Annual National Night Out will be held on Tuesday, October 2, 2018 from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in your neighborhoods. We are inviting residents to host their own block parties and spend the evening outside with their neighbors, which helps to strengthen your relationships with each other in the spirit of creating safer neighborhoods. The parties can be as simple as inviting neighbors to bring over a chair and a potluck dish and sit in the front yard. It may be a more elaborate one with a street closure, organized activities, or an event in a park. The police officers, EMS paramedics and firefighters will visit the block parties throughout the night.
To make your block party official, you will need to register with the City. The benefits of registration include the ability to request noise variances, street closures, party ideas and more. Registration will also let the public safety officials know which neighborhoods to visit during the evening. The NNO Registration Form can be found below.
Currently, the City has received registration forms from the following subdivisions/neighborhoods:
- Hunter's Creek subdivision
- VFW (hosting northeast corner of Mascoutah)
- Greystone Manor subdivision
- Townsend Square subdivision
- North 8th St
- Corrington Place, North Railway St (Poplar to Harnett) and North Market St (Poplar to Harnett)
- Mascoutah Public Library
Following is more information on National Night Out and organizing a block party.
NATIONAL NIGHT OUT:
National Night Out is an annual event that gives residents the opportunity to spend the evening outside with their neighbors and law enforcement personnel partnering up against crime at block parties throughout the city.
NATIONAL NIGHT OUT IS DESIGNED TO:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness.
- Generate support and participation in anticrime efforts.
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police community relations.
- Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
ORGANIZE A NATIONAL NIGHT OUT BLOCK PARTY – IT’S EASY TO DO!
- One or two families can plan the event each year. We suggest rotating yearly.
- Decide on a location.
- Complete a Registration Form for your block party and submit it to the City. (Forms can be found on the city website at or contact City Hall at (618) 566-2964 x501.)
- Contact everyone in your sub-division/residential area about your National Night Out event. (Provide details such as place, time, food, drinks, and activities.)
- Gather on National Night Out at the designated spot.
- Get to know your neighbors and have a BLAST!
- **DON’T FORGET THE PHOTOS**
DURING NATIONAL NIGHT OUT:
Mascoutah Police, Mascoutah EMS and Mascoutah Firefighters will be visiting the neighborhoods that are celebrating NNO. Please take this time to get to know our first responders and help us support and thank them for keeping our neighborhoods a safe place to live.
AFTER NATIONAL NIGHT OUT:
We would love to see your photos. Please forward any NNO photos you would like to share to email@example.com.
|National Night Out Block Party Registration Form||646.78 KB|